The Eid Committee has announced that the moon for the month of Shawwal was sighted in North America on Saturday, thus Eid-ul-Fitr will be celebrated on Sunday, August 19th, 2012. Eid prayer will be held at 8:30am at The New Overpeck County park in Ridgefield Park, NJ. Please follow parking regulations & cooperate with volunteers.
The New Overpeck County Park
199 Challenger Road, Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660
Salat Time: 8:30AM
From the North:
Take River Street south. Turn slight left onto Bergen Turnpike. Turn slight left onto Bergen Turnpike, Turn slight right onto US 46/WinantAve. Continue to follow US-46 E. Take the Teaneck Rd ramp toward Challenger Blvd, Turn right onto Teaneck Rd. Turn right onto E.Winant Ave. Turn slight left to take the ramp toward Challenger Blvd/New Jersey Turnpike. Turn slight right onto Emerson St. Turn left onto Chatenger Rd. Park is straight ahead.
From the South:
Take the 1-95 N/NJ Turnpike North. Keep left 10 take the 1-95N/NJ Turnpike N toward 1- 280/Rt 3/Meadowlands Sports Complex/Exits 1 5W-18W/Geo. Washington Bridge. Keep right 10 take the 1-95N/NJ Turnpike N toward US-46/Fort Lee/Geo. Washington Bridge. Take the Challenger Rd exit, exit 68. Turn left onto Challenger Rd. Parks is straight ahead.
From the West:
NJ-208 S via the ramp on the left toward Fair Lawn. Turn slight left onto NJ-4E. Keep right at the fork to corrtinue on NJ4E. Merge onto NJ-1 7 S toward Newark. Merge onto 1-80 via the ramp on the left toward New York. Merge onto 1-95 S/NJ Turnpike S toward US-46. Take the US-46 W. exit, exit 68, toward Ridgefield Park. Take the ramp toward Challenger Road. Take the ramp toward Challenger BIvd/NJ Turnpike. Turn slight right onto Emerson St. Turn left onto Challenger Rd. Park is straightahead.
From the East:
Take the US 1-9 South/US 46 West ramp. Merge onto US-46 W. Take hie 1-95 S/NJ Turnpike ramp toward 1-80 W!Teaneck Road. Take the ramp toward Teaneck Road. Take the Challenger Blvd. ramp. Turn left onto Challenger Rd. Park is straight ahead
• Please bring your sheets to spread on the ground for prayer.
• Please park legally. Car pooling is strongly suggested.
• There will be only one prayer, please plan accordingly.
• Turn off your cell phones and beepers.
• Please maintain silence until Khutba is over and prayer services has been completed.
• Please cooperate with the Eid Committee Volunteers.
• Please come one hour early 10 avoid traffic jam at parking and congestion on highways since there is only one entrance for the park.
• The management does not permit solicitation (i.e. distribution offlyers, hand bills, any leaflets, etc.)
• All donations will be collected by the Eid Committee only.
• No other centers, masajids or committees are allowed to collect donations. These donations will be used 10 meel the expenses of Eid